Monday, June 10, 2013

I Went to Ikea! {and a Wedding}

Eesh, I have been busy, busy!  And I think I'm going to be from now until summer break {in 11 school days}.  I'm pretty sure I have something to do every weekend day in June, too!  This weekend I went to a wedding down the shore; so fun!!  Here are a couple pics from the event:
{if you follow me on Instagram, then you know I'm slightly obsessed with my new yellow wedges by Michael Kors... left them on all night!}

{my date for the night, since hubby was IN the wedding}

{stole my handsome husband for a photo opp}

Backtracking a little... before the wedding, I was alone in my hotel room for a few hours, so what else would a teacher do but browse Pinterest for teaching ideas?  I found some fun ones, and realized I needed to go to Ikea ASAP.  So, on the way home, I forced politely asked my husband to stop, and he begrudgingly excitedly said of course!  And that's how I ended up at Ikea for the first.time.ever!

Here's what I got:
{three of these fun little stools! $7.99 each}

{a bajillion of these fun little cups! $1.99/set}

{a chalkboard/whiteboard easel! $14.99}

*I figured the stools would make for cute seating either in the library, or around a little table.  In fact, I saw a little table at Ikea that I might need to go back for!

*I have a couple ideas in mind for the cups, like this for example:
They would hold things in place, like highlighters & red pens, scissors, and glue sticks.  The two empty spots in the caddy will be for crayon boxes.

*The chalkboard/whiteboard easel could be great for center work!

Do you use items from Ikea in your classroom?  I'd love to hear!

25 love notes:

Ashley C said...

I have the same easel from ikea. I was THRILLED when I found it!

Ashley
K-3 Connection

Karen said...

Love those little stools! So cute!

Karen
An Apple a Day in First Grade

Mrs. Sheehan said...

I wish I could stock my whole room with Ikea furniture! I got some stools that I use for my small group area and I love them! They are small and cute! That easel is so cute! I want one now :)

Allyson Butler said...

I love all of these...and those yellow shoes! I just got my first teaching job and am so excited to stock my classroom!

Karmen said...

I have the Easel as well! I absolutely LOVE it!

Karmen
Karmens Kinders

Wendy said...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30216536/

I have had my eye on this sweet blue thing since it came out...as soon as I get a job it's the very first classroom purchase I intend to make. I think it'll be great space for all the books used in Guided Reading for younger grades, and in older grades it can house the "Ooops" supplies (when students don't have what they need), folders, and homework

Kristin said...

I think I need those stools!!!!!!!!!! :)

Robyn Beele said...

I hate to admit it, but I have NEVER been to Ikea. The nearest one to me is 2 hours away. I might actually get to this weekend. So excited! Love everything you got!

Courtney said...

I'm so jealous! I love Ikea and wish we had one here
Courtney
Teaching in Paradise

Natalie said...

Love IKEA! Its the one thing I miss most about Atlanta.

Natalie
Teachery Tidbits

Sara Soucy said...

I don't have anything in my classroom from IKEA, but I think I need to add a few things! Still love those shoes!

Sara :)
Smiling In Second Grade

Tania said...

IKEA is well represented well in my home office and my kids toy room. I do not have any IKEA items in my classroom :(
Tania

My Second Sense

The Kinder Garden said...

Yes! I got these awesome little pop-up numbered baskets - $7.99 for a set of 3 and they are so durable and colorful! Love them!

Kusiner Box

--Caitlin
thekindergarden.blogspot.com

Primary Paradise said...

I bought the cutest IKEA colorful frames that I use for centers. I have pictures on my blog. Would love to have you stop by and look.
Tammy
Primary Paradise

Erin K said...

I LOVE Ikea and am fortunate that there is one only 15 min. from me :) In my classroom I have a small white table, some chair pads that I use as sitting spots, and some fabulously cheap organizing bins. I love the colored cups and just might have to head over there again soon!
Erin
Short and Sassy Teacher

Elizabeth Supan said...

I love Ikea and could spend all day there! Love your cute wedges, too ;)
Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Miss Cosby said...

My first book boxes were from IKEA. I'm always tempted to get that green stool--please keep me updated on the sturdiness.

Last year I loaded up on rolls of paper. (they were advertised as paper to cover textbooks). They were in great electric colors and I used them to decorate my desk and other areas. I think I need to add IKEA to my summer to-do.

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader….

MissWoodwardsClass said...

Hi Teri, love the blog! I love your idea of using Ikea items in the classroom! I may have to go and get one of those easels... :)

Ellie

Miss Woodward's Class

April Wolf said...

We are an Ikea family and of course I had to have items in my classroom when I started teaching kindergarten two years ago. In fact, myself and two other teachers just drove 3 hours to Cincy to shop at Ikea. Here is my current list of items in my classroom: 2 Child size Poang chairs, city scape rug, 2 Easels, 4 stackable stools, 2 sets of finger puppets, owl puppet, stamping markers and a metal kitchen cart for my wireless laptop. Oh and a cube shelf that I organize my stuff on top of my counter...might be more but those are the highlights!

ThinkWonder Teach said...

Love those shoes!!

Misty
Think, Wonder, & Teach

Leslie atKindergartenWorks said...

Perfect, I was about to ask what the cups were for ;) This would be an awesome idea to share on Teach Junkie's Teaching Idea Tuesday if you'd like to link up.
-Leslie
TeachJunkie.com
KindergartenWorks.com

Valerie said...

I get the magazine boxes from Ikea and my 3rd graders keep their workbooks in them. I keep them on a shelf so it's easy for the kids to get to them. Keeps the books from losing their covers before the second month of school.

Valerie said...

I get the magazine boxes from Ikea and my 3rd graders keep their workbooks in them. I keep them on a shelf so it's easy for the kids to get to them. Keeps the books from losing their covers before the second month of school.

louis hampher said...

You can discuss your wedding menu with your family or friends. You will come to know the likes and dislikes of people.
santa monica venues

Megan @ I Teach. What's Your Super Power? said...

Felt like I was staring at my own green organizer baskets. Except I never thought to add those Ikea cups. Such a good idea!!! I just shared it on my 5 on the 5th post for this month.

Megan
I Teach. What's Your Super Power?