Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer Bucket List Linky!

Hi, friends!  Around this time last year, two friends and I hosted a summer linky... and we had so much fun, that we're doing it again!!  Get your summer to-do list ready and join me, Hadar, and April for the second annual Summer Bucket List Linky!
In case you missed it last year, this linky is all about what we teachers want to *get done* during our beloved summer off!  Whether you want to make something for the new school year, try out a new dish, or attempt to recreate an idea you saw on Pinterest, we want to hear about it!!  Be sure to grab the button above and include it in your post if/when you link up!

So, what's on my summer to-do list?? :)

Besides create, relax, and get a nice tan.....

{1} I want to go on VACATION!
My family and I are heading down to Myrtle Beach again this summer... we LOVE it there!  We usually go every other year, but even though we went last year, we loved the resort so much {a new place} that we couldn't resist!!

{2} I want to SHOP!  For next year's school supplies that is:
Okay, I'm sure I'll be shopping for more than just school supplies {hello, shopaholic here!} but these are some must buys for September!  Clockwise: neon book & binder holdersprivacy shields; neon paper baskets; nametags... all from Really Good Stuff!

{3} I want to ORGANIZE:

I want to make something just like this, except for all of the assessments we have to give:  placement, reading fluency, Dibels.  Right now I have these scores here, and those scores there, and I go crazy looking for them when I need them!

I also want to dress up a paper bin like this to keep my mess {yes, sometimes I do have a mess!} hidden from view.

And I want to be ready for new kiddos throughout the year!!!  Sometimes they pop in and I'm frantically searching for the info I need.  This will solve that problem!

{4} I want to PREPARE:

I plan on prepping math journals like these, on top of all the other things I need to get ready for my new kiddos {like first day gifts, birthday balloons, BEE Books... the list goes on!}!

Now tell me... what's on YOUR summer bucket list?!

28 love notes:

Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten said...

This is so fun! A vacation is on my bucket list too!

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Second Grade Stories said...

A vacation sounds wonderful! Can I ask the name of the resort you love? My family and I are planning to go to Myrtle Beach at the end of June and were looking for a great place! ~ Lisa

Pinkadots Elementary said...

Great linky, I just added it to my linky calender that I blogged about yesterday! I'll be linking up soon! :)
Pinkadots Elementary

Heather said...

I was wondering the name of the resort in Myrtle Beach also. Looks very nice!

✞Heather
Swinging Through Second Grade
swingingthrough2ndgrade@gmail.com

Elizabeth Hall said...

Thanks for hosting a fun linky friend!
Elizabeth
Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

Elizabeth Hall said...

Thanks for hosting a fun linky friend!
Elizabeth
Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

lola said...

Thanks for hosting this linky! You three ladies are some of my favorites. You inspire me to be a better teacher.
Preschool Wonders

Jodi said...

I will definitely have to link up this weekend :)

❀Jodi
Fun In First

Katie Orr said...

What a fun linky....thanks for hosting! I am also your newest follower! Can't wait to read future posts!!

Katie
Mind Sparks

Sarah said...

Yes! I will be doing a lot of things you will be doing! I love Myrtle Beach too and now that we moved from OH to NC last August, it's a lot closer for us! ;) 10 more days until summer!

Sarah
teachingiscolorful.blogspot.com

A Modern Teacher said...

Great list! You WILL be busy :) Love it!

Brittany Hutchinson said...

Thanks for a great linky, Teri!

I didn't include about all of the Pinterest creations I want to make!! I need to go find you on Pinterest so I can see some more of these wonderful ideas!!!

Also, I'm loving your Really Good Stuff wish list-- I have privacy folders on mine for sure!

:)
Brittany
Closing the Gap... in a Cute Outfit!

Miss Kindergarten said...

On my bucket list: visit cupcake!!! Can't wait!! Love you bestie :)

Megan said...

Hi! I love you blog! My husband and I just booked a trip to Myrtle Beach for the first time this summer! Any advice you can offer, restaurants, etc... would be so appreciated! What is the name of the resort you stay at?

Thanks!

Miss Cosby said...

I made those 'new student' bags last year. It was so easy because I made them when I printed all of my beginning of the year papers. So much easier than scrounging around for rules, procedures, etc.

I love this linky--even though it's making my bucket list longer ;)

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader….

Shelley Rolston said...

What a great linky! I may come back and add mine...right now I'm still in school mode as we don't get out until June 28th. Thanks for the inspiration everyone!

Shelley

The Perks of Teaching Primary

Elizabeth Hall said...

Just gave you a shout-out for the linky party that Katie and Lisa are doing this month :)
Elizabeth
Kickin' it in Kindergarten

Mary Underwood said...

My Summer bucket list:

1. Blog more! :)
2. Take classes to get my 4/5 endorsement!
3. Add to or edit my existing TpT product catalog!
4. Find more amazing blogs like yours!

I purchased your "Summer Kids" product a few months back and my students and I LOVED it! If you want, you can check out my blog to see how they turned out! I hope the back link works!

Oceans Of Fun In Grade 1!

Thank for a great product! Hope you enjoy your summer break! I'll be looking forward to "raiding" your store for more awesome purchases!

The Brown-Bag Teacher said...

Oh goodness, I have been bit by the classroom supply shopping bug, too! :) Love the bins for organizing papers.

Thanks so much for hosting, Terri!

Catherine
The Brown-Bag Teacher

Tamera Wilson said...

The math journals are on my list also!
Myrtle Beach, here we come, also for our annual trip. We are renting a home in Ocean Lakes Campground again this year.
:)
Tamera
MyHeartBelongsinFirst
Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

Jennifer Laffin said...

What a great idea to have a bag set up for new students! Genius!

Jennifer
Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

Robyn Beele said...

I love Myrtle Beach! We vacation there often! SOunds like a fun summer!

Diary of a First Year Teacher said...

I am so happy to link up with you! I am originally from NJ and now teach in NY. I would love to hear more about your school and your class! I am your newest follower

Meredith

fromafirstyearteacher.blogspot.com

MsAmandaLong said...

Our last day of school isn't until June 28 but this has me excited for some summer fun! Thanks for posting!

Amanda

@MsAmandaLong

Teaching with TWitte said...

I just linked up with your Summer Bucket List linky and then I read your bucket list. I completely agree with each of your ideas!
Tara
http://teachingwithtwitte.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Great linky! What I want to know is how you got the pinterest pins to appear like that. They're awesome!

Natalie said...

This is great. I'm a retired teacher, and I remember when my bucket list included a lot of school-related items, too. Seems like organization can be on anyone's bucket list! Hope you are all having a great school year, and you keep working on those lists during the school year, too. Take a few lunch dates, a mini vacation, etc. I had a bucket list for summer, too. We share some of the same ideas.
Thanks, Natalie
http://nataliesnotes.com

eman alshazly said...

شركة عزل اسطح بالرياض
شركة عزل خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف فلل بجدة
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالدمام
here
here
here
اثاث مستعمل الرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالخبر
نقل عفش تبوك
افضل شركات تنظيف وتخزين بالرياض
اشهر شركات تنظيف وتخزين بالرياض
شركات تنظيف وتخزين
شركات تنظيف وتخزين بالرياض