Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Memorial Day Roundup! Ideas for School & Home

I can hardly believe it, but it's true... Memorial Day is *almost* upon us!  Do you have anything fun planned {at school or at home}?  If not, then maybe I can give you some ideas with a little Memorial Day Roundup post!

First up is a little freebie that I created for Veteran's Day, but it can be used for Memorial Day, too!  It's called thank you, hero! free printables} and it includes includes writing pages with graphics for the Army, Marines, Air Force, and Navy:
All pages are titled, "Thank you, Hero!" and feature different graphics.  They're also available with primary and secondary lines.  One page has space for little learners to draw a picture instead {pictured above}!

Next, there's my heart the flag {a craftivity} unit.  I've blogged about it a few times before, because it is very versatile!  I included writing pages for Memorial Day, Patriot Day, and Veteran's Day:

If you already used the heart this year {like me, for September 11th}, then what about this cute and simple handprint activity?


This idea came from Muffin Tin Mom!  I adore it!

I'm also loving this popsicle stick flag craft from Ginger Snap Crafts:


So pretty!  Follow the link to the site for a quick tutorial on how to make these!

Of course, 3pm Friday marks the official start of Memorial Day Weekend {and the unofficial start of summer}!  I'm throwing a little BBQ at my house, so I've been looking up fun dessert ideas.  Here's my favorite... can you guess why??


Delicious, and easy to make!

Another treat that I found {and made once! SO good!} is this Jello flag cake:

Doesn't it look yummy?  And healthy-ish? :)  It was a hit!

Last but not least... a Red, White, and Blueberry trifle:

I also gave this one a try!  It was easy and... you guessed it... tasty!

That's it for my Memorial Day Roundup!
Hope you found some ideas you can use!! :) :)

5 love notes:

Michelle Hudgeons said...

Thank you for the freebie!!!

Live, Laugh, I LOVE Kindergarten said...

OMG! Love all of these ideas! Thanks for sharing! :)

Kimberly Ann
Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

Everyone deServes to Learn said...

Yum! All those memorial day treats look great. I like how you embedded the pinterest images...did you copy and paste?

-Maria
Everyone deServes to Learn

Karmen said...

What awesome ideas! Thanks for Sharing!

Karmen
Karmens Kinders

Sara Connell said...

Thanks so much for the freebie! I love the paper. I also love all your great ideas. That trifle looks wonderful!!!
Sara
First Grade Funtastic