Wednesday, March 6, 2013

St. Pat's Gift Idea {Freebie}

This weekend, I stumbled upon "candy kettles," aka teeny pots, at Party City.  Immediately I had a vision!  Gifts for my students!  And so this was born:
And then a photo shoot happened:
On my reversible yoga mat:
I have about 10 more pictures but I'll spare you :)

To make this super adorable gift, you will need:
*candy kettles {from Party City, $3 for 12}
*pretzel bags {found in the candy making aisle of the craft store}
*Skittles
*Rolos
*ribbon
*my freebie gift tag

Just fill up the pretzel bags with Skittles and add three Rolos at the top.  Punch a hole in the gift tag, loop ribbon through, and tie the bags.  Then push the candy-filled bag into the kettle {if you use the pretzel bags, they will fit perfectly}.  Voila!  A cute gift for your little leprechauns!

And if you don't feel like spending the extra $ on the candy kettles, or making the trip to Party City:
For these kettle-less gifts I put five Rolos in the pretzel bag first, added the Skittles on top, and tied the bag with the ribbon and tag.

You can grab the gift tags {HERE} for free.  :)
If you do pick up a copy, I'd love to hear from you! :) :)

34 love notes:

Across the Hall said...

Too cute! I think I have a few of those kettles laying around...

Thanks for the freebie!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Adorbs! Bahahahaha! No, for real, seriously cute!

Megan
www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

Lori Rosenberg said...

Oh, those are way too cute! Thanks for sharing this great idea!
ΡΌ Lori
Teaching With Love and Laughter
luvyorkies@gmail.com

Mrs. Sheehan said...

What a cute gift! Thanks for the idea!
Maribel
Learning In Wonderland

Brenda said...

CUTE!! Thanks for sharing!

Brenda
Primary Inspired

Jessica said...

Love this idea! I hope to find some cute candy kettles too! Thanks for the freebie.

Jessica

Angela Griffith said...

OMG, that's so stinkin' cute!! I love it!!

Angela
The Daily Alphabet

A Tale of 2 First Grades said...

I didn't expect anything but pure cuteness here.

Shelly Sitz said...

Great idea! Thanks for taking pictures and sharing with us.

Shelly
Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

Elizabeth said...

I've used those little kettles before, but usually just put a few gold coins in them. Yours are so much cuter! Thanks for sharing the cute pictures and the idea :)

Elizabeth said...

What an adorable idea...thanks for sharing! Just saw all of your cute fonts. I'm excited to use them. Thanks so much!
Elizabeth
Kickin’ it in Kindergarten

Mary said...

PERFECT!

And we made your Leapin' Leprechauns today... they were a hit!

Mary
Sharing Kindergarten

Molly said...

These are adorable!!! And that is a great price for the kettles! Crossing my fingers that my Party City has them!!!

Molly
Lessons with Laughter

Briawna said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas!

Ramon Abajo said...

"You are my pot of gold", I love that.

Best,
Ramon
Fonts 4 Teachers
Fonts 4 Teachers in TPT

Ms. Richards said...

These are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Krystyn
Ms. Richards's Musings
msrichardssmusings@gmail.com

Jenn Bates said...

Soooo cute!
Jenn
Finally in First

Rabin Ban said...

LOL! That was really funny! YcDress and DressesForBest

Stefanie Galvin said...

That is seriously cute!

Stef
Miss Galvin Learns

Christina Bainbridge said...

Super cute! I wasn't planning anything but maybe I am now!

:)
Christina
*Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge*

Ashley Reed said...

How precious! You are so talented...and sweet!!

Lili said...

Lovely, thanks a lot for such a cute idea!!!!
Lili
Sweet Blessings & Learning Treats

elizabeth.parce said...

You have the neatest ideas... I love this! Thank you for sharing. I hope Dollar Tree has some of those little kettles as I live in the boonies... If not I'll just do the "kettle-less" one! Liz in South Dakota

Sue Cahalane said...

I love the reversible yoga mat comment! Looks like mine! Adorable idea!
✿Sue✿
Science for Kids Blog

Mrs. Wathen said...

Simply ADORABLE!
Thanks for sharing the idea and the tag!

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Julia Flint said...

OMG LOVE!! Cant wait to make these for my littles! Thanks for the freebie!!

Julia

http://thearmywifeteacher.blogspot.com

Donna Boucher said...

So cute! I'm featuring this post on Bagels and Blogs tomorrow. :)

Donna
Math Coach’s Corner

Tamra Sarah said...

Thanks for the freebie! This note is perfect for the baggies we are making our kiddos after our leprechaun visit!

:) Tamra and Sarah
First Grade Buddies

alesia spangler said...

How fun and what a great change from the gold coins! I love it and thank you for the cute tags to go with it.

Janaye said...

Adorable! Great find, Teri!

Janaye
Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

Jan said...

What a great idea! These will make great gifts for coworkers. Thanks for sharing:-)

Ana said...

Thank you so much!! These are so cute!!

Karen Stamp said...

Simply adorable!!
Karen :o)
Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

arnelsweizz said...

Love this ideas-so creative! Thanks for sharing-I think I can still get one in this year!

regards,
arnel of Photo Booth NC