Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Valentine, I "Chews" You! & an Incentive Idea

About a month ago, I drew a picture of an idea on a pink post-it note.
Yesterday, I finally turned it into something!
What do you think?!
valentine, i "chews" you! {a craftivity} is a cute little pack that would be just perfect for Valentine's Day!!  Your little ones will make a sweet bubblegum Valentine for whoever they "chews!" :)  Or, you could use the completed projects to create a fun February display!

I also included two writing pages in the packet:
Students can write a note to their Valentine...
...as well as describe the best Valentine's gift!
Writing pages are also available with secondary lines.

If you're interested in valentine, i "chews" you! {a craftivity}, then hop on over to my TpT shop for a closer look! :)  I hope you LOVE it!!!

And before I run, I have an adorable incentive idea to share with you!  The idea comes from Mrs. Sheehan of Learning in Wonderland.  It's a compliment jar!  Here's mine:
Every time our class receives a compliment-- whether it be for working quietly, walking in an orderly line, or behaving during specials-- we will earn a star in the jar!  Once we earn 12 stars, we'll "celebrate" with a little something, like free time or a yummy snack.  Today we earned two stars... my littles are trying really hard to fill up the jar!  I'm so glad I stumbled upon this idea, because it was the just the incentive we needed after holiday break!

I'm off to grab some dinner... have a great night!!

Leave a comment with your email address for a chance to win my new pack!
I'll choose a winner before bed :)
Congrats to #29, Charlotte!

52 love notes:

Kiah said...

Ahhh!! Something as adorable as the rest! Love it!

Kiah
kiah.m.berg@gmail.com

Heather said...

Love it! What a cute Valentine's craftivity!!

Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

Miss Sara said...

Love the little machine! What a cute craft!
Sara
Misselementary@gmail.com

Courtney said...

So cute! Love the compliment jar idea too. Thanks for sharing Teri!

Swimming into Second

tracy said...

I would love to win your new Valentine craftivity.

tracyanderson@wcps.org

Rachel said...

It is too cute! Hope to win!

rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

Jennifer said...

Love It! This is the cutest Valentine activity! Great Work. :)
jdaurio@hotmail.com

See Me Teach said...

how cute :) your students will love it
aconnolly1216@gmail.com

Cherie said...

"CHEWS" me please?

cheriemae@gmail.com

Susie Shafer said...

I love, love, love the compliment jar! Any chance you'll be sharing it on TPT?

Susie
shafersshenanigans@gmail.com

The Polished Teacher said...

So glad you turned your post-it note into this adorable product! I love it!
thepolishedteacher@gmail.com
ThePolishedTeacher

Christina Marie said...

Love the craftivity and love the compliment jar!

Christina :)
Apples, Books, and Crayons
applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

littlesthokies said...

You have the best crafts! Our class gets so many compliments whenever we display them!

Special Teacher for Special Kids said...

The bubble gum machine and compliment jar look so cute!

Thank you for the chance to win.


Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
:o) V.
Special Teacher for Special Kids

Lili Garcia said...

I love it!!!! Well, I actually love everything you create. My kids and I have spent a great time doing your craftivities. Keep them coming, please!!!!

Lili Garcia said...

Oopps, my email: liligarcia_74@hotmail.com

Hodder said...

What a fun idea! What a great community to share.

brynnhodder@yahoo.com

Tania said...

A gumball machine and a compliment chart make a great pair :)
Tania
myseocondsense@gmail.com
My Second Sense

Briawna said...

Cute . . . as usual!
briawnacallahan@gmail.com

Ms. Kerri said...

Sooooo soooo cute! Love it! Kheinrich9@gmail.com. Hope you chews me!

RealOCteachers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RealOCteachers said...

um... can you say adorable? Love the craftivity!

realocteachers@gmail.com


The REAL Teachers of Orange County

Teacher Syl said...

Teri girl, you always make me smile with your precious posts. I just love ya!! This cute little gum ball machine just brought a smile to my face. Sylvia (your number #1 stalker). Sraigosa505@aol.com.

Yukari said...

This is so cute! I hope you chews me ;)

yukarinaka@gmail.com

jennifermeyer1 said...

Love this! Absolutely adorable!

jennifermeyer1@hotmail.com

The Brown-Bag Teacher said...

Oh goodness - your gumball machine is too cute! Love it :)

Catherine
brownbagteacher@gmail.com
The Brown Bag Teacher

Across the Hall said...

I have a thing for gumball machines. It's my class incentive {much like your incentive jar}!!!! Looks adorable as always!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Heather's Heart said...

So cute and sweet. You are amazing. =)

I need to invest in more glue sticks because of you! =)

Hugs,
Heather

Heather's Heart

hpboingboingbunny@gmail.com

Charlotte said...

I love it!! So adorable!!
clwhite1003@gmail.com

Karyn said...

Oh I love it Teri! "Chews" me please!

œKaryn
A is for Apple B is for Blog
Kideducator@comcast.net

Becky said...

Super cute product as always!

Becky
hoffman.rebecca@att.net
Compassionate Teacher

sarah said...

Very cute!
smontano9@cox.net

Casey said...

Such a cute idea! Thanks for sharing. This would be a cute craft to do this year!

Casey
casey.e.east@gmail.com

lovetwoteach said...

Everything you make is just adorable! My students would just LOVE this! Thanks for the opportunity!

Jenna
frederickjennam@gmail.com

julie said...

I love all the ideas. I think I'll be making a compliment jar to help us get back into our routines.
Juliasmajdek@ccs.k12.nc.us
~ julia

julie said...

I love all the ideas. I think I'll be making a compliment jar to help us get back into our routines.
Juliasmajdek@ccs.k12.nc.us
~ julia

julie said...

I love all the ideas. I think I'll be making a compliment jar to help us get back into our routines.
Juliasmajdek@ccs.k12.nc.us
~ julia

julie said...

I love all the ideas. I think I'll be making a compliment jar to help us get back into our routines.
Juliasmajdek@ccs.k12.nc.us
~ julia

Mindy said...

You are oh so crafty! I adore your sweet valentine craft!

Kindergarten Kidlets

Sarah Paul said...

Love and love!
Sarah
Sarah's First Grade Snippets

Mrs. Sheehan said...

I was stopping by to let you know that I used your Elf Magic file for New Years resolutions like the ones that you shared recently and I saw your compliment jar! I've never been mentioned on someone's blog like this before! It's so exciting :) Thank you!!
You can see our resolutions craftivity here:
http://www.learninginwonderland.com/2013/01/back-to-school.html
Thanks again!
Maribel

Kristin said...

Your craft is adorable, as always!!
Love that compliment jar - so cute!

Chrissy said...

Oh my gosh.. that gumball machine is SO, SO cute! and so is the stationary that goes with it. It's on my TPT wishlist now. I love the compliment jar idea too! I may start that with my class when we go back. I like it better than the marbles I've used before. Thanks for sharing these great ideas! Take care.
Chrissy
First Grade Found Me

Jodi said...

I LOVE the gumball machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

❀Jodi
Fun In First

Miss Cosby said...

This is adorable.

Also, I'm a tad jealous. I jot down ideas on post-its all the time and half of the time I look at it later I have no idea what I was thinking! lol

Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

Steph said...

This is an adorable idea :) Thanks for sharing!

~Steph

Sparkly, Quirky Lifebox

The Quirky Apple

~Blogging from B203~ said...

Fun idea! I do the same thing! I Have done the Mr. Potato head and they earned a potato chip party! (did the craziest favors!) I'm now doing brownie pieces to earn brownies!

Jennifer said...

I love the Valentine's activity. I'm so glad that you decided to jot it down one day and finally make it into a project. I can't wait to use it with my students.

Jennifer
Darling Little Learners

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Your crafts are always the CUTEST!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Molly said...

I love your valentine creativity!! I have been loving those bubble gum jars since forever and have been wanting to do something with them in my class.. now I have the perfect thing! You are SO creative!!!

Molly
Lessons with Laughter

Cheryl Ener said...

I love your compliment jar! Thanks for sharing this great tip!
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Jenni said...

I love your compliment jar - is it available in your TPT store?

Jenni