Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Currently... Resolutions

Happy 2013!!  May this year be a fabulous one!! :)

I'm linking up with Farley for the first Currently of the New Year:
To sum it up:  My little kitty Jack has it in for certain ornaments on our tree.  I have been in my bed for the better part of today-- Love!  I go back to work tomorrow... I wish I had one more day in my bed!  My husband and I just ordered Dominos, so dinner will magically appear :)  I slept until 4 but I'm still TIRED!

And for my OLW:  Relax.  I worry too much.  I just want to relax and let things be.  And despite the fact that I slept 'til 4 today... I don't relax enough during the school week.  I'm always on the go, and I get to bed WAY too late.  So I also want to work on that.

Speaking of things I want to work on or change... it's time for a little resolution linky!
I'm linking up with my friend Jen over at The Teacher's Cauldron.  She's asked that we make a personal resolution, and a blogging resolution.  Here we go!

Personal:  The big one is RELAX, as seen in my OLW :)  But besides that, I want to spend more time enjoying family and friends.  I also want to take more pictures, like this one from last night:

Blogging:  I think I've been pretty good at reading and commenting on other blogs... but there's always room for improvement!! I want to set aside time each day to blog stalk so I don't miss out on any of your great ideas!!  I also want to be better at answering email.  Sometimes I read a message but don't respond to it right away... and then it gets lost in my Inbox and I find it 10 days later, eek!  I promise to be better at that, so please, keep emailing me :) I love to hear from you!!

What are YOUR New Year's resolutions?!  I'd love to hear them :)

19 love notes:

L Hill said...

Love your blog! I am a newbie blogger and happened upon your through the Currently Linky. I look forward to reading more.

Elle

Amy Howbert said...

Your post couldn't have been more perfect! I love the kitty attacking the tree, I bet that was quite comical to watch!

Amy Howbert
Little Miss Organized
amyhowbert1@gmail.com

Lindsay said...

Just stopping by from the linky!

I love my bed too. I just got a new one a few days ago and it is amazing. Happy New Year.

Lindsay
My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

Julia said...

Your “listening” cracked me up! My kitty has also been attacking the tree, too…and hiding the ornaments in her kitty bed. Those crazy cats!

I hope you find more napping days in 2013! You work too hard not to enjoy some down time. Wishing you all the best in the New Year! :)

Lattes and Laughter

The Polished Teacher said...

Your kitten attacking the Christmas tree sounds adorable!

Here's hoping dinner magically appears on your lap!

Best of luck back at school tomorrow! Hope you have a great day!

Enter My 250 Follower Giveaway
ThePolishedTeacher

Bren P. said...

We put a small tree on a small table and our kittens did not find it. I'm still shocked all of our ornaments survived. Wish I could've said the same last year lol

I am right there with you on the emails. It's been a few days since I replied to any. Yikes! That's on my list of resolutions, be a better blogger!

My next stop is my inbox!

Wishing you and your family a wonderful new year!

Bren P.
The Teacher Diaries

Kimberly said...

We share the same OLW. :) It's not going to be easy...but so important to try. Happy 2013!
Kimberly
Funky First Grade Fun

Reagan Tunstall said...

cutie pie cupcake! :)
Wow in bed till 4! That's amazing. I am sorry you go back tomorrow! Best of luck to you!!!

Kindergarten Squared said...

Just found you from Farley's. I think we are 2 peas in a pod. I read your blog post for today and I thought it was talking about me! I have been in my PJ's all day today (except for a quick Waffle House trip with the fam), dinner is about to magically appear here too (from Dominos too!), and I need to stalk blogs more often! I have kinda been cracking out on them today (between watching the Capital One Bowl game)! Good day!!! We are your newest follower!

Tania said...

I got up at 11:30 and I thought I was doing well. I want to be able to get up at 4:00. I may have to have the kids disappear!
Tania
My Second Sense

Across the Hall said...

I picked the exact same OLW, and for the exact same reason! We'll have to remind each other :)

We go back tomorrow too :(

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Maria Eshman said...

I'm visiting from Farley's and am sad to say that we go back tomorrow too. :( My favorite thing to do is stay in my pj's all day! (My girls love it too!) I'm looking forward to coming back often to visit! Good luck with your resolutions. I haven't thought of a personal one, but family wise, we are going to try to teach our little ladies about volunteering. Wish us luck!

Maria
http://curiousfirsties.blgospot.com

Chrissy said...

Our cat played with the ornaments too. Isn't that just so cute?! I love your "wanting." That happens to me a lot after long days at school. Hope you have a great new year!
Chrissy
First Grade Found Me

Jen R. @ The Teachers' Cauldron said...

yay!! A "celebrity" linked up :) you are so cute in that picture! and everything else :)

Elizabeth said...

You are so cute! I'm right there with you on the inbox issues. I need to do a better job of answering emails, too!

Good luck tomorrow!

Elizabeth
Fun in Room 4B

Katie said...

Good luck going back to school! Hope it's a great day for you and your kiddos! :) I laughed when I saw your "needing"- I was just thinking about curling up for a little nap! Happy New Year!

❄Katie
Smiles from 2nd Grade

Kristin Young said...

Haha! I love that pizza magic! I just suggested it to my husband but after all the junk we ate over Christmas break it was a no go. He's the chef in the family so I guess my dinner will magically appear regardless! ;)

Cute pic from NYE! Ours was so low key with the family we didn't even take one. Crazy!!

I'm also hosting a linky party and I'd love for you to check it out. It's a little different than the standard link up...but you won't regret it. :)
Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

Natalie said...

What a great picture! I definitely need to work on getting to bed earlier as well. Six o'clock sure does come early!

Natalie
Teachery Tidbits

Karen Stamp said...

I, too, often wish for dinner to magically appear--how great that yours actually did!!!
Karen :o)
Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten