Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A New Year at School and More Fonts!

It was back to school for me today!  My kiddos greeted me with lots of hugs and I missed you's...  And you know what?  I missed them, too! :)

I'm happy we started back mid-week, because it gives us a chance to get back into the swing of things.  We won't start a new reading story/set of skills until Monday, so we can spend these three days focusing on math and writing, starting our unit on penguins, and decorating for January!

Speaking of decorating {and writing}... Today we wrote about our New Year's resolutions and made a little craft to go along with our writing.  Here are some of the completed projects:
*In 2013 I am going to do homework right after school.
*...I am going to learn a lot and eat apples.
*...I am going to make sure I read to pass my test.
*...I am going to help my mom was dishes.

I think they turned out super CUTE and my sweeties loved making them!  You might recognize the little people-- they're from my elf unit {we never got around to making the elf boys and girls}.  To make these guys, I added a triangle party hat, used a circle punch for the polka dots, and a scallop punch for the top of the hat.  And of course, I got my inspiration from all the wonderful New Year's bulletin boards floating around Pinterest!

In other news, I made two more fonts!
Well, I made one of them, and my honey made the other:
Cupcake Honeyed is my hubby's creation... so if you're looking for a font that mimics a small child's handwriting, then this is the one for you! ;) hehe

And Cupcake Whipped is another of mine!

Click {HERE} to grab these fonts {plus 14 more!} from my TpT shop!... as always, please give a link back to me if you do use one of my fonts {whether it be a free or commercial product, etc.}

I'm off to take a nap {smart move at 8:08pm} but I have a headache that I just can't shake!  Hopefully a nap, followed by a shower, followed by more sleep will be just what I need ;)

36 love notes:

Amanda said...

Hope your nap does the trick for your headache. I am loving your fonts. I really like the honeyed one! Tell your honey good job! :) Hope you feel better!

Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

Mrs. Griffith said...

Yay, so excited you made more fonts! I use them on pretty much everything I make...absolutely love cupcake sweet & glitzy!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay
For the Love of First Grade

Susie Shafer said...

Thanks for sharing! I just love your fonts!

Susie
www.shafersshenanigans@blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Where do you find the time for all of your cuteness??!! You're so creative. I love all of your fonts. I think my favorites are CupcakeGlitzy and CupcakeVelvety. Thank you!!
Dawn
Adventures in First with Mrs. Key

A Modern Teacher said...

Love your fonts!! Thank you!
April
A Modern Teacher

Diane R said...

Love your fonts! Thanks again!

Diane
Fifth in the Middle

mollymm77 said...

I am ADDICTED to your fonts! Thanks so much for sharing them with the world:)
Shining and Sparkling in First Grade

Shelly Sitz said...

Thanks for sharing your fonts! Your New Year's
art project is adorable.

Shelly
Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

The Polished Teacher said...

Feel better soon! Happy napping!

Thanks for the wonderful fonts!

Enter My 250 Follower Giveaway

ThePolishedTeacher

Jessica Lawler said...

Thanks for the cute fonts - love them!
Praying you feel better!

~Jessica
Joy in the Journey

Lisa R. said...

I adore your new year's craftivity!! I am definitely going to use this with my students on Monday. Feel better- get some rest! :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Natalie said...

What a cute craftivity! We may just have to make something similar tomorrow :) Yay for new fonts!!! I love your fonts and use them alll the time :)

Natalie
Teachery Tidbits

Cynthia said...

Your craft is TRES cute! I love your fonts like everyone else does! Thank you for sharing them !!!

Elizabeth said...

Ahh, naps help cure everything! Thanks for these fonts...I love them! Love the craftivities as always :)

Elizabeth

Fun in Room 4B

Miss T said...

Hope you feel better. LOVE the fonts!

Journey of a Substitute Teacher

Nicole Shelby said...

Thank you for the fonts! I LOVE them! Feel better soon!

Katie said...

Love your fonts!! :) Hope your nap helps!

Katie
Smiles from 2nd Grade

Chelsea O'Neal said...

Do you make this with the ipad app? Is there a way to add new fonts to the pad like I do on the mac??

Thank you for sharing!!

Mrs. Sheehan said...

Yay! It makes me so happy to know that I already own this file :) We went back to school last year midweek and I loved it! It gave me time to get to know my new students and it gave my kids a chance to get back into the routine. Thanks for the fonts! Super cute!
Learning In Wonderland

Nicole J said...

ooh love the whipped font! It's so nice of you to share these!

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

So many of you are going back the day after New Years-that was just evil of your district. Although, I do like the idea of being on for 3 then having a nice break.

Your resolutionies are precious! Love the things they come up with!
~Christy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Mrs. M said...

Great minds think alike! But yours is greater...lol! I used the same puncher for my New Year's Kids Glyph hat!

Love the fonts too!! Thank- you!

Edana

Rhonda said...

I am addicted to your fonts. Thanks heaps for sharing!

Rhonda
Classroom Fun

Tori said...

Thanks for sharing your cute fonts!! Hope that nasty headache hit the road!
Tori
Tori's Teacher Tips

Gladys said...

LOVE those darlin' kids! Thank you for sharing your precious fonts...love 'em! :)

Jennifer said...

I wish that we started mid week. We did last year and it made such a difference. I don't go back until Monday, but it's going to be a long week. Maybe I should start off with a fun craftivity like this one. very cute and thanks for sharing!

Jennifer
Darling Little Learners

beagle2love said...

I absolutely love your New Year's craft! Thanks for sharing the fonts...I love them!
Cathy
beagle2love@hotmail.com

csweb said...

WE managed to do the elves! I even received a compliment from my principal on them - thanks! Do you think you could post the writing page for the resolutions?
Thanks for the fonts as well!
Charlotte

Tania said...

I could hug you if I had you in front of mine. I like boys...just saying ;)
Thanks for sharing! I am going to eat apples too.
Tania
My Second Sense

Kelly said...

CUTE New Years craft/writing project! They turned out so well:)

Kelly
Kindergarten Kel

Rosey Josey said...

Thanks for the font. Very cute!

Jennifer @ Simply Kinder said...

Teri... those are adorable! Probably my favorite New Year's activity yet! I am going to share on my fan page! =)

Jen from Simply Kinder

Heather's Heart said...

You are dangerous for my addiction but I sure do love your fonts!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome creativity!!! =)

Blessings to you sweet friend! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Angie Henry said...

I love your fonts. I am currently addicted to all fonts cupcake! Thank you for sharing :)

Heather said...


Thank you so much for sharing your fonts. Each one of the fonts is so fun and I have already put them to use!

Happy New Year!

Heather

http://bigheartlittleminds.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Thank you for those cute ideas! I am a new blogger and would love to get my name out there in the teacher blogging world. I am a K teacher right outside of Nashville (Franklin). I am having a difficult time tapping in and friending other teacher bloggers :) Any advice/shout outs would be tremendously appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Elizabeth Hall
http://liveitloveitlearnit.blogspot.com/