Sunday, December 23, 2012

I Have a Dream {Craftivity & Printables for MLK, Jr.}

Merry Christmas Eve... Eve!  Tomorrow my husband and I are hosting our first official holiday!  We claimed Christmas Eve because we love the holiday... the tree, the lights, the presents!  Plus, it's an "easy" holiday, at least in comparison to Thanksgiving {read: we can't cook}.

I'm taking a quick ten minute break from cleaning {UGH!} to bring you my latest craftivity...  It's for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day!  This craft celebrates diversity, with two kids of different ethnicities holding hands:
Girls can make two girls, and boys can make two boys... or you can mix and match!  I can't wait to make this with my kiddos when we get back to school in January! :)

*the craft/s shown above
*Dr. King's Dream -writing page
*My Dream - write & draw
*MLK, Jr. describing page
*MLK, Jr. facts page
*MLK, Jr. KWL chart
*Martin and Me! Venn Diagram for boys/girls
and all writing pages are available with primary/seconday lines :)

Here are some pics from the pack:
To grab your copy, or to find out more, head to my TpT shop!
As always, please let me know what you think!!

Happy Holidays!!!

Leave a comment plus your email for a chance to win a copy!
I'll pick a winner tonight before bed :)
Congrats to #9 Susie and #39 Heather!!

55 love notes:

Cherie said...

Have you gone to bed? :)

cheriemae@gmail.com

Teach*Pray*Love said...

I would love this! I've been looking for a cute MLK activity. Merry Christmas!
~Lauren
teachpraylove25@gmail.com

Kate said...

Very cute! I especially love the Venn diagram and the writing page :) Merry Christmas!

Kate
EduKate and Inspire
edukate.inspire@gmail.com

Rachel said...

Would love to win this! Perfect for next month!

rmariemuniz@hotmail.com

See Me Teach said...

MLK Jr Day is one of my favorite things to do in school!! I just love it.
aconnolly1216@gmail.com

Elisabeth said...

Too cute as always!! :)

Merry Christmas!

Elisabeth
elisabethdelk80@gmail.com

Heather said...

Looks great! What a perfect activity for MLK Day!

Heather (heathernnance@yahoo.com)

Michelle Hudgeons said...

Precious as always!! :)
Michelle @ Smitten With First
Smittenwithfirst@gmail.com

Susie Shafer said...

This is just great! What great MLK activities!

Susie :)

Miss Vannini said...

I love this so much!! Your stuff is always great!!

Jillvannini@gmail.com

tracy said...

Would love to win this awesome craftivity!

tracyanderson@wcps.org

Susie Shafer said...

Ooops! Clearly, I can't follow directions. My email address:

shafersshenanigans@gmail.com

Yukari said...

This is so cute! (Like everything else you make) and such an important day to teach about!

yukarinaka@gmail.com

Ms. O said...

What a fun idea. Love it.

Teacher Syl said...

Merry Christmas my dear Teri! What a precious unit! Living in a small town our students are not exposed to diversity. This will be perfect for my class and will expose them to this wonderful man...Dr. King. Have a wonderful holiday and thank you so much for your wonderful ideas! Love ya, Sylvia! Sraigosa505@aol.com

KWintuska said...

I LOVE the writing papers :) Looks fantastic :)

Kate
katewintuska@insightbb.com

Christina Marie said...

Looks wonderful! Adding it to my wishlist!

Christina :)
Check out my blog!
Apples, Books, and Crayons
applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

Kim said...

What a wonderful packet! Thanks for the opportunity to win a copy.

Kim
KHenry22@aol.com

Amanda said...

What a great idea!

Apauley82@gmail.com
Amanda

Cecilia said...

Looks great! Thanks for the chance to win a copy and Merry Christmas.
cbartram@kitcarsonschool.com

sarah said...

I would love this craft and activities!

mcreynolds.sarah@gmail.com

The Sherman Four said...

How fun! I am new to primary and would love this! Girlforgod27@aol.com

Teaching Joys said...

I WOULD LOVE to do this with my kiddos! Thanks for sharing!

teaching.joys@cox.net

Special Teacher for Special Kids said...

This craftivity and activities look like something my students would enjoy doing.

Happy Holidays and Thank you for the chance to win.

Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
:o) V.
Special Teacher for Special Kids

Jessica said...

I love these activities. I know my students would love them!

Jessc63@hotmail.com

Jessica

Mrs. Yazzie's Classroom News said...

So incredibly cute! Love it!

Chris
cryazzienj@yahoo.com

Melissa C. said...

hmm,,,,

Liz Salcido said...

Looks great! I have the perfect paper pack of people colors.
esalcido@lausd.net

Alexis said...

I would love this!! I have been looking for a craft for MLK Jr. Day and this is perfect. My email is ajalovick1@yahoo.com. Thanks!!

Lisa K said...

This would be a great activity for my students! Thanks!

Lisa
lnguyen2002@hotmail.com

Meridith said...

This looks wonderful!

Merry Christmas!

Mjhalbardier@gmail.com

Miss VerSteeg said...

Looks awesome, like all your products!

Cathy
cathy@missversteeg.com
www.missversteeg.com

Mrs. Brown said...

Oh, I love all your stuff. This looks amazing!

kellybrown28021@gmail.com

Briawna said...

This would be so cool to do with my kiddos! Thank you for always being so creative!
briawnacallahan@gmail.com

Bethany said...

This looks great! You are always so creative!
blatimer3@gmail.com

Sarah said...

I'm not expecting to win, but I do want to!
Thanks for the chance.
Merry Christmas!

sarahmarianj@gmail.com

Heather said...

I would really love this!

Heather
Hdawntn@hotmail.com

thepolkadotowl said...

This is just adorable as always!! :) Merry Christmas!

thepolkadotowl@gmail.com

Heather's Heart said...

You are amazing...have I told you that before??!!!?? =)

This is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome creativity!

hprice@lufkinisd.org

Heather
Heather's Heart

Sandy said...

Super cute! I love the craft!

Sandy (sandybeach1267@yahoo.com)

Kiah said...

That's so cute! So simple & sends the message perfectly!! Love!

Kiah
Kiah.m.berg@gmail.com

Karen Reuther said...

You have the greatest ideas and this is exactl why I have been looking for!!!!!

Karen F. said...

I would LOVE to win this!! My kiddos and me too of course just love your fun stuff :-) They even ask for it !!
Karen
tommysmom0206@yahoo.com

Courtney said...

So cute as always! Have a merry Christmas! Good luck with your hosting.

Swimming into Second

swimmingintosecond@att.net

Tracy Tegeler said...

Teri, this is precious!
Very unique, I love it!

Tracy
Creekside Teacher Tales

Mueller said...

Great packet!

jacklynmueller7@gmail.com

Busy Bees said...

You are always 10 steps ahead, girl. These are adorable and my kids would love them!
Robynn
BusyBees

Miss Cosby said...

Sad to have missed the giveaway but I'm going to comment anyway! :)

Oh, I think hosting Christmas Eve is way better than Thanksgiving. Especially if you have a pitch-in like the parties I've been to lately.

I love these activities. I don't teach in a very diverse area so I really try to do my best when I teach about diversity. Luckily firsties are so accepting. I just really hope it sticks with them.


Brenda
You Might Be a First Grader...

Amanda Ellis, MT-BC said...

This looks great! I have a song that goes along with this. Check out www.morewithmusic.org and search for I have a dream :)

Crayons and Curls said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!! I love my Holly Bloggy Christmas present! :)
I blogged about it! :)
http://www.crayonscurls.blogspot.com/2012/12/holly-bloggy-christmas.html
Merry Christmas!!! :)
Cheryl
Crayons and Curls

Annie Moffatt said...

Merry Christmas sweet friend!
The Moffatt Girls

Jenn Bates said...

Adorable as always my friend!
Jenn
Finally in First

Andi said...

This is such a great craft. Love it!!!!
~Andi

Terry said...

Love it, love it!! The best part is that it combines social studies, writing and art. How perfect.
Thank you for your creativity. Putting it on my wish list.
Terry
THYordan@aol.com

Mrs. G. said...

I just bought this :o) Can't wait to use it!!!!!!