Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Grinchy Freebie :)

After one of my pals threw a "Grinch Day" last Friday, I knew I had to have one, too!  I immediately started planning, and realized I had too many ideas to squeeze into one day... so I started today!!

I found an adorable Grinch craft idea at The First Grade Parade {and Cara found it here} so I recreated the pattern to use in my classroom.  I also had my kiddos complete a writing prompt.  Now our hallway has been "Grinched!"  Below are a couple examples from our display!

To make the Grinch grin I would...
...invite him to a tea party and tickle him.
A tea party?!  That makes me giggle!
...like to give him my cupcake and tell him funny jokes.
Forget the Grinch, I'll take the cupcake!!  hehe :)

Some of my littles didn't get a chance to finish today, but I thought these were particularly adorable Grinches:
They can finish up tomorrow!

If you're planning a Grinch Day and would like a copy of the writing prompt, you can grab it for free {HERE}.
{Font by Miss Tina}

The Grinch pattern is very simple to make... here is an image I spotted on Pinterest that will help you {I substituted five white circles for the hat's cuff}:


I have more Grinchy activities in store for my kiddos this week... stay tuned! :)

12 love notes:

Amy Howbert said...

You are forever sweet! Thank you!!!!

Primary Paradise said...

Thank you so much. I love Cara's little ol grinch. This is perfect. Would love to have you stop by my blog.
Tammy
Primary Paradise

Susan K. said...

Love the idea of a "Grinchy" day. I have 3rd, 4th and 5th graders this year and am very nervous about the idea of a Polar Express day the day before break... I think a Grinchy day will fit the bill just fine :)

Polka Dots & Teaching Tots

Mrs. Wathen said...

Super cute craftivity and thanks for the writing template! Adorable:)

Tammy
The Resourceful Apple

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

This is definitely something to smile about...not Grinching at all :)

Michelle Hudgeons said...

Thank you for the freebie!!!! Love it!!
Michelle @ Smitten With First

Sarah said...

Adorable! I love the Grinch! Such a great message :)

Thanks for the freebie!
Sarah
The Fabulous First Grade

Mrs. M said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT :)

Lovely Nina said...

I love Grinch day. I have it in plans for Wednesday next week! yey!

Teacher Syl said...

Way too cute Teri...I am having my Grinch Day next Tuesday. I love Cara's ideas too and use Deanna Jumps Freebie Unit; cute ideas! I just came back from Walmart...I bought these cute Grinch cups for our Grinch Drink. Thank you again for your cute idea! Love it... Sylvia

Mrs. Dwyer said...

Thanks for the cute freebie! We made this little guy last year and will be creating him again next week! Will have to remember to stop by Walmart for my tee shirt!


Thanks, again! =)
~Tanya

Learning with Mrs. Brinn said...

Super cute!! Thanks for the writing freebie!
Gwen
Learning With Mrs. Brinn