Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Big Pumpkin Reveal and Halloween Stuff

Yesterday was the judging of the pumpkin contest, and today they announced the winners {talk about suspense!}.  We thought it was one winner per grade level, but then we found out it was per floor.  It was me against all the first and second grade classes.

And... Well...

I WON!!!!!!!!!!

We jumped, we cheered, we screamed
It was a GREAT end to our day!
Okay, okay.  Want to see my pumpkin?
Meet Stitch! :)
I was inspired by a pumpkin I found on a Google search.

Among the competitors: a super cute Frankenstein and a bee-utiful bee!
These belong to my teaching besties, including my girl Michelle from Just Wild About Teaching!  She will be posting more pumpkin pics, so stop by a little later to see them!

Besides painting pumpkins, we've been decorating up a storm in and out of our room!  Take a look at some of the projects we've completed over the last few weeks:
I share this bulletin board with Michelle {we're neighbors!}.  The ghosts with writing are hers, and the ghosts with legs are mine!  And if you're wondering why there are four dots and four exclamation points... it's because the letters weren't centered, and it was driving me nuts!!! Haha :)
I got the inspiration for these ghouls on Pinterest, but I never pinned it... now I can't find it again!  If these cuties are yours, pleeease let me know so I can credit you :)

We also made some adorable pumpkins thanks to Amy Lemons:
They're hanging along a clothesline in my classroom!
Frankie hangs on the other line:
No Halloween is complete without bats!  These projects line the walls outside of my classroom:
And last but certainly not least:
Monsters!!  These munchkins are from Miss Kindergarten {love her}!  I am decorating our door with the monsters for another contest.  They aren't done yet-- they still need teeth-- but boy are they CUTE!

That's it for my Halloween crafting!  I hope you enjoyed the tour :)

27 love notes:

Courtney said...

Super cute! I love all the Halloween fun!

Swimming into Second

Nicole said...

oh my!! Love the pumpkin!! And all your Halloween craftivities look fantastic!!
Nicole

Tania said...

You are truly gifted! Stitch looks wonderful.
Tania
My Second Sense

SunnyDays said...

Congats on the big win! Love that you all do the pumpkins too. So much fun!
Denise
Sunny Days In Second Grade

Miss T said...

Congrats on winning!

Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Endless Pinabilities!

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

So fun! Love the pumpkins and all the crafts!!
Christy & Tammy
Fluttering Through First Grade

Michelle said...

Congratulations! It is adorable!

Sandy said...

Such cute stuff going on here!!! I love it!!!! :-)

Just Wild About Teaching said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Congrats!
Rowdy in First Grade

Robin @ Sweet Tea Classroom said...

Wow---now that's the GREAT pumpkin!

Elizabeth said...

Woohoo! Congrats:) Love it, too!!! And, it survived and didn't explode ;)

Across the Hall said...

Congrats on the win!! Your pumpkin looks awesome, and the ghosts are pretty cute too!

Halle
Across the Hall in 2nd Grade

Miss Kindergarten said...

So when can we crown you Queen of Crafts?!

amy.lemons said...

Everything is absolutely precious! Thanks for the shout-out!

Glitzy In First Grade said...

SUPER DUPER Caaaaute stuff! You ROCK! :)

Jodi said...

Your pumpkin is ADORABLE!!!
❀Jodi
Fun In First

Annie Moffatt said...

Of COURSE you won! You have the cutest things ever!! LOVE your blog:)
The Moffatt Girls

Jammie Fewell said...

Fantastic!!! I just BOO-ed you! Head on over to my blog to link up! www.firstgradestompinground.blogspot.com

Rachel Lamb said...

So cute! My mom, a former teacher, and I obsess about letters on boards she taught me to always make my letters uneven so you don't have to get them perfectly straight! And I start wight the middle letter too. Isn't that embarrassing. But priorities are priorities!
Rachel

KinderKapers said...

So Cute!! I may have to steal that pumpkin idea, they are the best and I had never seen them before. I did the monster from Miss Kindergarten...they are super cute too. I love your blog and your ideas!!

Terri
KinderKapers

Bren said...

Congratulations on winning the pumpkin contest! And your new blog design is too cute! :)

Bren
The Teacher Diaries

Jenn Bates said...

Super cute!
Jenn
Finally in First

Heather's Heart said...

You are just too awesome! Congratulations on your win! =)

Heather
Heather's Heart

Laura said...

Congrats, my friend! Your pumpkin looks fabulous, and your blog does, too! Love the cute crafts!!
Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Mrs. Phillips said...

I am so happy I found your blog. So happy, in fact that I have "BOOED!" you. Visit my blog at: http://kindergartendoodles.blogspot.com/2012/10/boo.html to see what this is all about.

Linda

vicky1970 said...

Hi Teri
I love your little ghost guy with socks. He has so much personality!! Super fun and creative. Have a great Halloween!
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After