Friday, June 29, 2012

What I'm Up To :)

I'm taking a long quick break from cleaning to say hello and let you know what I'm up to!  On Sunday my husband and I are having my family over for a BBQ... our first real family gathering at our house since we moved in a year ago!!  So now I'm running around like a crazy person trying to get the house in tip-top shape.  Reminds me of this pin:

Yup, that's me. :)
Since the BBQ is pretty much a July 4th celebration, I'll be making this:

My tummy is rumbling just looking at it!  And how easy?!  I love easy!
For the 4th, my hubs and I are hopefully heading down to the Hudson River to watch the Macy's fireworks... I can get "VIP" passes to avoid the crowd and get a good spot right on the water... holla!  {Just kidding, I don't normally say "holla!" but it kind of fit right there! lol.}

Tomorrow {Saturday} I'm participating in the Top Teachers' Blog Swap and Hop:
A wonderful blogger will be guest posting here on my page, and I will be guest posting on another wonderful blogger's page!  Seriously so excited about my partners!  So please check back tomorrow for some fun blog hopping!!  There will be FREEBIES too, so you don't want to miss it!!!

Also, keep your eyes peeled for some new units from me: I've been working on a Johnny Appleseed pack, and I've gotten more sweet requests for a reading/phonics starter kit!  Not only that, but I have SO MANY things that I want to share with you for the fall!  I LOVE the fall {and my birthday is in the fall}!!!

Okay, I guess I need to get back to cleaning...
or maybe just a little more blog stalking... >;)

14 love notes:

Heather's Heart said...

I am always excited to see your posts. I guess I should go ahead and budget some $ for all of your cute craftivities that I will NEED to buy!

Have fun with your family. That dessert looks yummy!


Heather
Heather's Heart

Teaching Little Miracles said...

Cleaning, oh boy! I got busy with that this week too. Around here we "summer clean" instead of "spring clean" and I definitely needed to do it! Have fun at your party!

Crystal
Teaching Little Miracles

Miss Kindergarten said...

Holla!!! Lol love you bestie :)

Lisa at Fourth and Ten said...

My hubs is about to get off work, so I'm in a cleaning frenzy too!
Lisa
Fourth and Ten
Like Fourth and Ten on Facebook!
Formerly Stories From Second

Kristen said...

Good luck with all of your cleaning!! That cake is delish, I've had it before and now I'm craving it again! It will definitely be a hit with your family.

Talk to you soon Teri!

Lisa R. said...

I think I pinned that same cleaning picture from Pinterest! It's so true...I had family over this past Sunday for my daughter's birthday & I power cleaned for the 2 hours before the party! Now my house is a mess again lol. :)
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Eileen Griffin said...

AAAAHHHHH yes… the Fourth of July Cool Whip flag cake!! Yummy! I am just making Rice Krispy Treats with red, white, and blue sprinkles. I cannot wait to see your Johnny Appleseed treats!!

Courtney Bartlett said...

Hope you have a fun BBQ! That cake looks yummy!

Swimming into Second

Miss Trayers said...

So true about the cleaning! I'm actually glad my mom stops by fairly often-because it makes me clean regularly! The cake does look good-I love fruit in desserts.

NotJustChild'sPlay

Barbara said...

Sounds like we have the same cleaning plan ;)

❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

Primary Possibilities said...

I have come across that pin and couldn't relate more! This blog swap sounds pretty cool, I will have to check it all out. Good Luck!

Stephany
primarypossibilities.blogspot.com

hmichaud said...

Thank you so much for sharing your great ideas! I always look forward to checking out what new ideas have been shared. I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! Stop on by my blog to pick up your award: http://cantmakethisstuffup-hmichaud.blogspot.com/

Jackie said...

Hi Teri! I hope your BBQ went great today! I'm just stopping by to let you know that I'm giving you the Versatile Blogger award! Stop by my blog to read more about it! =)

Jackie

Third Grade's A Charm

Katie Texas said...

Love your blog. And that ECard cracked me up!!

I'm a new follower- so glad I found you. Great ideas AND I love cupcakes!!!!

Katie
Rock and Teach