Thursday, June 21, 2012

Alligator, Alligator {a Greater Than/Less Than Craftivity}

Today was my last day of school!!!  Let summer begin! ;)
Of course, back to school will be on my brain 24/7.  I can't help it!  Am I the only one!?

Last night I whipped up a fun craftivity that I've wanted to make for three years but never did.  It's a greater than/less than alligator!  Whenever I teach number comparison, I always have my kiddos imagine an alligator munching on big numbers!
This craftivity is *double sided* so your little ones can flip the alligator back and forth to help them visualize the greater than/less than concept.

Here's what's inside:
*alligator pattern {both with and without words}, pictures, & directions
*greater than, less than, & equal to cards for center work
*number cards 0-20 for center work
*3 posters: greater than, less than, & equal to


As always, please let me know what you think.  I hope you love!!
And now it's time to blog stalk... :)

32 love notes:

Brittany Kielar said...

This is so AWESOME! I love it. I am definitely snatching this up and using it this coming year! What a great way to bring some extra pizzaz to math.

Brittany
Sweet Seconds

Miss T said...

Those are super cute :)

Journey of a Substitute Teacher
Endless Pinabilitites!

Kimberly Santana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April Kreitzer Wolfe said...

Love this!!

April
Wolfelicious

Kimberly Santana said...

Who knew aligators could be so cute ;)

Kimberly
The Learning Tree

Rachel said...

Cute!

Meridith said...

That is perfect!!

mjhalbardier@gmail.com

Kelley Dolling said...

Teri . . . I pinned ya immediately. Great craft my friend!

Kelley Dolling
Teacher Idea Factory

Janet said...

These are so cute! I'm always looking for visuals and hands on materials for the children to grasp a concept. Thanks so much.

Courtney Bartlett said...

Love it! Adorable as always!

Swimming into Second

applesandabcs said...

I'm so obsessed with this!!!
Michelle

Nicole said...

adorable!! Love it Teri! I use an alligator too and my kids all draw teeth on their greater than/less than signs. haha!
Nicole
Rowdy in Room 300

Laura said...

Adorable!! Going on the Wish List! I am SO glad you are out of school!!

Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

amy said...

I am definitely going to snatch this up! Thank you! It is Super CUTE!
Amy
Where Seconds Count 2nd grade blog

Rie said...

Very cute and clever! I love that it is double sided. I will be putting this on wishlist for next school year.

Rie

Hip, Hop Hurray! Tales of the Reading Rascals

Jennifer Tilton said...

These are great. We are focusing on math vocabulary this year and these would be perfect!
Jennifer
kindertrips

Heather's Heart said...

This is so cute! When I used to be able to teach the greater than/less than I did the alligator. Now, the signs cannot be introduced until 2nd grade...but I still love this.

You have good news coming your way soon! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Reagan Tunstall said...

really cute! I am sure a favorite lesson for the kids!

Erica said...

Congrats on summer!!!

Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

ms. rachel said...

it's awesome.. i pinned it, :)


♥ rachel
Teaching Melodies

Amanda Madden said...

Very cute! We always make this with craft sticks glued together and they add teeth and wiggle eyes...they love them!

Amanda
Teaching Maddeness

Eileen Griffin said...

Love it! My second graders will love the visual.

Miss Cosby said...

I came across your blog through my afternoon of pinning on Pinterest. Super cute blog and great posts. I am your newest follower and I look forward to reading about how you set up your new room!

Miss Cosby
You Might Be a First Grader...

Jenna said...

Love this! Great visual for the kids!!

Jenna
Just diving In

~DeAnne~ said...

How cute is this!! Love the alligators!

ღDeAnne
First Grade and Fabulous

susanlulu said...

I love your alligators - and need them badly for my 2nd graders. Are they hard to make once I buy the pattern? I'm not crafty!!
susanlulu@yahoo.com

Fluttering Through First Grade said...

Super cute gators! Our kiddos love learning this concept with the alligators. We adore your blog and cute, cute crafty ideas! Thanks for sharing.

Christy & Tammy

Lisa said...

Very cute...as always!
Congrats on being out for the summer. I ended on Friday. Yea us!

Melissa Yglesias said...

Hi Teri,
I'm your newest follower and I'm awarding you the One Lovely Blog Award. Head on over to my blog to pick it up!

:0) Melissa
www.moretime2teach.blogspot.com

Heather's Heart said...

Just saw our revised TEKS (like y'alls Common Core) and we now teach the greater than/less than sign in 1st!

Wahoo for your cute craftivity! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Little Millennium said...

It is good site to spent time on .I just stumbled upon your informative blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your very well written blog posts. I will be your frequent visitor that is for sure.
Regards
Pre School Franchisee in India

hezal said...

I consider you’ve created some genuinely exciting points. Not too most people would in reality consider about this the way you simply did. I’m really impressed that there’s a lot about this topic that’s been uncovered and you also did it so tremendously, with a lot class.
pre school education
kindergarten school
kids play school