Thursday, March 22, 2012

Skipping Ahead... and a Bulletin Board!

I get antsy... which is why it's still March and I'm skipping ahead to April!  Maybe it's the b-e-a-u-tiful weather outside?!  Or maybe I wanted a head start on April themes, since we'll have a week off after Easter.  Any which way, I got the itch to change my hallway BB *immediately* so I got to work on some Earth Day fun!


First we read a story about helping the Earth, and then we brainstormed all the ways that we can HEART the Earth.  We made this anchor chart {which is now linked up to Ms. M's fun linky party!}:
I added the cute details to the anchor chart while my sweeties worked on a little writing:
After writing, we completed the activity with a craft... and after school, I put them up!
What do you think?  I'm lovin' it!  But I am biased ;)  I got the craft and writing prompt from my heart the earth {craftivities} packet, available on TpT and now TN!

16 love notes:

Ms. Thomas said...

I *heart* your chart and the fact that you said "I heart the Earth". I say this almost everyday!
I heart your blog!! Cute stuff!

-Ms. Thomas

The First Grade Jungle

Lovely Nina said...

I LOVE your blog. I just awarded you the "One Beautiful Blog" award. Stop by my blog to grab your award.
-Lovely Nina
Lovely Little Learners

Delaney White said...

Bought this and can't wait to start after Spring Break!

Natalie said...

Looks great! Pinning now... :)

applesandabcs said...

So cute!!! I can't wait for earth day!!!

Michelle

Jason Whitaker said...

I like the idea. I'm working on a good one for my class to end the year.

Courtney Bartlett said...

So cute! I love your anchor chart and all your crafts.

Swimming into Second

Kristin said...

Absolutely ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Teeny Tiny Teacher

Lacey said...

LOVE your anchor charts!
I'm having an anchor chart linky party with a twist! All links will be included in a PDF with pictures and links to sources and offered for free via download. This way we all have access to lots of great anchor chart ideas/resources at our fingertips!
Please consider heading over to my blog and linking up! I'd love to include yours! :)
-Lacey
Wild about Teaching!

Traci said...

Both your chart and your bulletin board are really cute!
❤Traci❤
Dragonflies in First

Hadar said...

Do you really only have 14 students?? I think I'm going to cry!!!

Laura said...

Precious!!!


Laura
Peace, Love, and First Grade

Ms.M said...

How fabulous I love love your charts and bulletin boards. Thanks for sharing and linking up!

Ms. M
Ms.M's Blog
A Teacher's Plan

kilgosclass said...

Great anchor chart! Thanks so much for sharing!

ThinkShareTeach

Kelli Cooper said...

He did you make your earth. Would love to create this at my school.

Melissa Cloud said...

I just copied this anchor chart {yours is so much cuter...I'm so not an artist} to use in my class this week. Thanks so much for sharing. I've shared this post on my blog too! Thanks, Teri! http://ateaspoonofteaching.blogspot.com/